This is a dish that will change your mind about eggplants. The eggplant is savory and buttery! I haven’t had anyone turn down this dish when I serve it, even for those who don’t like eggplant! The secret is how you cook the eggplants, and the sauce that I created! Give it a try, and you will know why I’m so confident that you (and your family/guests) are going to devour this dish within minutes!
Eggplant (cut into chunks) x 3-4 *
Oil (generous amount for the size of your own wok/pot/pan)
Garlic (minced) x 4-5 cloves
Green Onion (finely chopped) x 3
Cilantro (finely chopped) x 1.5 cups
Oyster Sauce x 1.5 tbsp
Soy Sauce x 2.5 tbsp
Sesame Oil x 1tbsp
1. Heat up the oil to 325 degree F.
2. To make the sauce, in a bowl, mix garlic, cilantro, green onion, oyster sauce, and soy sauce together. Stir to make sure it’s well mixed. Then add in sesame oil at the end, and let it sit.
3. Deep fry eggplant with medium heat for 5 minutes until soft.
4. Prepare a plate lined with some paper towel.
5. Take out the eggplant and lay it on the plate of paper towel; let it sit for about 2 minutes.
6. Plate the eggplant and drizzle the sauce on top of it evenly.
7. Get ready to fall in love with eggplant all over again!
Watch me Cooking Live on FB via Youtube