Watch how to make it on YouTube :
This is a dish to impress!! You won’t believe that my mom and I came up with this recipe by just trying to clean out all the left over ingredients in the fridge! Not only does it have a beautiful presentation, it is also a “love at the first bite” kind of dish! It is perfect for any kind of occasions and any kind of weather. Most importantly, this recipe is so easy that it’s especially loved by those who DON’T cook! Since I shared this recipe, it’s become many people’s signature dish that their friends will ask for! Trust me, you don’t want to miss out on this one!! Plus, who doesn’t like Ribs?!
Watch my video to see how easy it is to make this dish!
Baby Back Rib x 1
Onions x 2 ( Sliced )
Tomato x 1 ( Sliced or Chopped into big chunks, not required )
Cilantro x 1 ½ Cup ( Roughly Chopped for Garnish and add on flavor, not required )
Soy Sauce x ½ Cup
Mirin (Japanese Sweet Rice Wine) x ⅓ Cup
Chinese Rice Wine x 1 Cup
Oil x 2 tbsp
Salt x ½ tsp ( just to help soften the onions)
1. Cut the Baby Back Rib into half in length to fit in the pan.
2. Heat up the pan and 1 tbsp oil with high heat.
3. When the pan is hot, brown the ribs. Make sure you brown the bone cut side well to seal the cut.
4. Remove the ribs once browned.
5. Add in remaining 1 tbsp oil, then add in Onions. Sprinkle some salt to help onions soften. Sauté about 2 minutes.
6. Once the onions are soften, add in tomato and stir for a few seconds.
7. Add in Chinese Rice Wine, Soy sauce, and Mirin. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking. (Remember to keep the taste a little lighter than you’d like)
8. Put the ribs back in the pan with bone side down, then bring the sauce to simmer. Cover and let it simmer for 1 hour.
9. After an hour, flip the ribs to meat side down. Cover and simmer for another hour.
10. Uncover the pan, bring to high heat and start reducing and thickening the sauce to your liking. It takes about 2-5 minutes depending on your pan. (Remember to move the ribs around every once in a while, so it’s not sticking to the pan.)
11. Plate it on a plate with meat side up. Pour the reduced onion sauce on top, the sprinkle the cilantro on top.