This is a very popular dessert dish, which can be served hot or cold. In the winter time, it’s especially appreciated when you’re served a hot bowl of Black Glutinous Rice porridge! Not only is it delicious, but it’s also got many health benefits, such as warming you up and getting rid of excess water in your body. The success of this dish is in achieving the perfect creaminess and thickness. With a pressure cooker, it’s easier to get to the right texture, but with my “Pet-Bo”*- a small amount of the short grain glutinous rice (shhh…..don’t tell anyone! ;p ) – you’re sure to wow your family and friends!
Red Beans x 120g
Black Glutinous Rice (aka Purple Rice) x 160g
Short Grain Glutinous Rice x 40g
Water x 2500ml
Rock Sugar or Honey to taste
- Rinse red beans, black glutinous rice, and short grain glutinous rice, separately, a couple times until clean.
- Add everything + water into the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cooker setting : Pressure – 50, Time – 40 mins.
- When it’s done, let sit for another hour.
- Add in rock sugar or honey to desired sweetness.
*Pet-Bo means Secret Tips in Taiwanese.