Cooking video on YouTube :
Potstickers are such a crowd pleaser and widely available. Follow my recipe and take your ordinary potsticker to another level, with just ONE secret ingredient! Introducing, ChiaChia’s Snowflake Potstickers!
Frozen dumplings 25-30 pcs ( depends on how big your dumplings are, and the size of your pan )
Fermented Tofu (or substitute with regular tofu ) x 1 tbsp mix with Water x 2 tbsp
Water x 1/2 cup
Oil x 2 tbsp
- Put oil in the cold pan, then start arranging the dumplings in the pan, from the center outwards, forming a tight circle (as pic below)
- Add in water, cover with lid, then turn on the heat to medium high. Bring to boil.
- Once it’s boiled, add in the fermented tofu mix, then cover and bring to boil again.
- Once boiled, turn the heat down to medium low, and “steam” the potstickers for 6-8 mins.
- After 6-8 mins, the water should be almost all dried out. Uncover the lid, keep cooking under low heat for 3-5 mins to get the bottom of the potstickers golden brown.
- Peek under one on the outside; once it reaches the color you desire, turn the heat off.
- Prepare a plate that can fit in the pan and cover all the potstickers completely. (as pic below) Then flip the pan to transfer the potstickers onto the plate. (as pics below)
** Before flipping, you want to make sure all water in the pan is evaporated, so you don’t get burn by the water when flipping.**