Fried Rice is a world-famous dish. Most people have heard about it, had it, or made it at least once in their life! It appears to be the easiest Chinese dish on earth! As rustic and simple as it is, it’s also one of the most challenging dish to make perfect, even for us Asians! Although we make it all the time, we still have a hard time controlling the quality. The perfect fried rice must meet 3 requirements – the rice grain must be 1) plump, 2) chewy (al dente), and 3) individual (meaning, not clumpy and sticking together)! After much research and experimentation, I finally found a Pet-Bo* that I’m going to share with you!
Fried Rice is a dish that you can use almost any protein, spice, or veggies. In our house, the most popular is ChiaChia’s Signature Smoked Salmon Fried Rice. Simple ingredients, easy to make, but amazing flavor and aroma!
Smoked Salmon x 100g
Cooked (Overnight) Rice x 3 cups
Eggs x 3
Onion (Finely Diced) x 1/2
Green Onion (Finely chopped) x 1-2
Maggie / Soy Sauce x 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Preparation :
a) Break apart the smoked salmon into small pieces.
b) Prepare the rice: Beat 1 egg and mix it well with the cooked, cooled rice.
c) Beat the other two eggs and set aside.
2. Heat up the wok/pan and add 2 tbsp of oil, then put in the onions. Sauté until soft and translucent.
3. Add in smoked salmon, sauté until fragrant, about 2 mins.
4. Push all ingredients to the side of the wok/pan. Add 1-2 tbsp oil, then add in the rice/egg mixture. Sauté patiently for 3-5 mins until the rice looks dry.
5. Turn the heat LOW, and push the fried rice to the side of the wok/pan. Add in 2 tbsp oil, then pour in the two beaten eggs. Saute the egg until 80% cooked, then mix in with the fried rice. Stir fry and break apart the egg to your desired size.
6. Add in Maggie/Soy sauce, salt to taste.
7. Garnish with some green onions.