You will find this signature dish in every Dim Sum place you go! It goes side-by-side with the dim sum style chicken feet, as the king and the queen of dim sum. But unlike chicken feet, which many people hesitate to try, spare ribs are a crowd pleaser, because they’re delicious and nothing controversial about it. Now, with this simple recipe, you won’t need to go to china town to satisfy your cravings anymore!
Serving : 2
Spare Ribs x 250g ( ½ lb )
Rice wine x 1 tbsp
Shaoshin rice wine x ½ tbsp (optional)
White soy sauce x ¾ tbsp
Salt x ½ tsp
Sugar x ¼ tbsp
Oyster sauce x ½ tbsp
Corn starch x 1 tbsp
Fermented Black Beans x 1 tbsp
Minced Garlic x 1 tbsp
Minced Ginger x 1tbsp
Chopped Chilli Pepper x 1-2 tbsp
- Chop the spare ribs into bite size pieces.
- Soak the spare ribs in cold water for about 20 mins.
- Pour out the water, rinse the spare ribs one more time, then put in a container for marinating.
- Pour in Chinese Rice Wine and Shaoshin rice wine and rub the spare ribs really well, until all liquid is absorbed by the spare ribs.
- Add in sugar and corn starch, mix well.
- Add white soy sauce salt, sugar, and oyster sauce. Again, massage the seasonings into the spare ribs.
- Then add in the black fermented and mix well. Let the marinate sit.
- After 15-20 mins, mix in garlic, ginger and chili pepper.
- Put the marinated spare ribs on to a wider plate. Make sure you don’t stack the spare ribs, it should be only plated as one layer for a quick steam.
- Steam for 12-15 mins.
If you’d like to check out the Steamer :