This is not a fancy dish, but it definitely gets an A+ for Comfort Food! From making the dough, to finishing this hearty noodle soup takes only 30 mins. It’s a very common homemade dish for us. You can get creative with the broth, but let me tell ya, my family just devours my tomato broth!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the dough :
Flour x 250g
Water x 250 – 275ml
Salt x 1 tsp
For the broth :
Chicken stock x 4 cups
Tomato x 4 (finely chopped)
Ground pork x ½ lb
Hard Tofu x 1 (Cut into bite size cubes)
Cilantro x 1-2 cups ( Roughly chopped)
Garlic x 2-3 cloves (Minced)
Green Onion x 2 (Finely chopped)Soy sauce x 1.5 tbsp
Soy Sauce x 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil x 2 tbsp
- Mix flour, salt, and water in a bowl to make the dough. Add water in small portions. This should be a wet, runny dough that still holds it’s shape, not a batter-y kind of consistency. (See below)
- Once the dough is ready, add more water to cover the dough, in order to seal it while making the broth.
- Heat up the oil in your pot and sauté the garlic and green onion with medium low heat, until it starts to become fragrant, about 1 min.
- Turn the heat up to medium high. Add ground pork, saute until fully cooked and all broken apart.
- Put in the tomatoes, sauté for a few mins until juicy.
- Add in the chicken stock and soy sauce, bring to boil and season with salt to taste.
- Once the broth is ready, turn the heat down to medium low.
- Carefully dump out the excess water from the dough. Stir the dough to wake it up!
- With one chopstick, dip it into the broth to make it wet, so it’s easier to scrape. Tilt the bowl on top of the soup pot, carefully scrape the dough with the chopstick along the edge of the bowl into thin strips to drop into the pot. Continue this action until you finish the dough or have enough noodles in your pot.
- Add in cilantro and give it a good stir. Turn the heat off and enjoy your delicious dinner in a bowl!