This is one of the most famous and fanciest egg drop soups in Chinese food. It takes just 4 major ingredients, 15 mins of your time, and voila! – a clean, earthy soup that warms your heart! The Chinese name of this soup is named after one of the most beautiful lakes in China, the West Lake in Hangzhou, because, when the egg drop is done right, it reminds people of the beautiful ripples, and the weeping willows that grow around that lake. This is definitely a dish that’s pretty to your eyes, yummy to your tummy, and warm and fuzzy to your soul!!
Wagyu Beef Short Rib Hotpot Slices (Finley slice into strips*) x 8 slices
Cremini Mushrooms (Thinly sliced) x 8-10 heads
Cilantro (Roughly chopped) 1-1.5 cups
Egg (Beaten) x 1
Corn Starch mixture (Corn Starch x 1.5 tbsp mix with water x 1.5 tbsp)
Ground white pepper corn x 1 tsp (Optional)
Water x 1500ml
1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in sliced mushrooms into the boiling water, turn the heat down to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. If you did step 1 ahead of time, then bring the mushroom broth to boil again. If not, proceed to step 3
3. Turn the heat up to medium high. add in beef strips in small batches. Each batch should be cooked really fast and fell off the chopsticks within a few seconds.
4. Season with salt and ground white pepper (optional) to taste.
5. Add in Corn Starch Mixture to thicken the soup.
6. Making Egg Drop! Use chopsticks, or any kind of stick to create a small circle but FAST spinning whirpool in the center of the pot. While doing that, SLOWLY add the egg into the whirpool to create the lacey, egg drop look.*
7. Add in cilantro right before serving.
8. You’re welcome! It’s so yummy!!! <3
* Watch video for demo
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv8qTtdKBC3iK3QzN619Ccw/featured?view_as=subscriber
Follow me on FB for LIVE COOKING events : https://www.facebook.com/ChiaChias-Queendom-623721221075656/
Follow me on IG @ ChiaChiasQueendom for more life/food stories!