If there’s a list of all-time favorite Chinese comfort foods, this one will definitely be in the Top 3! Not only is it super simple to make, but it is sooo delicious! I’m sure all home cooks agree that sometimes it’s easier to impress people with a fancy dish, but a lot harder to make an easy dish stand out! Guess what?! You’re in luck! I have a few “Pet-Bo”* that can guarantee your success, even when it’s your first time making this dish. With just a few ingredients, let me lead you to our family dinner table!
Tomatoes x 2 ( Diced )
Eggs x 4 ( Beaten and seasoned with salt )
Green Onions x 2 ( Finely chopped, separate the green and white parts)
Garlic x 1 clove ( Finely minced )
Corn Starch Mix ( Mix 1 tsp corn starch with 2 tsp water )
Salt to taste
Cooking Oil x 3 tbsp
1. Heat up the pan with 1 tbsp oil.
2. Put in garlic and the white part of the green onion into the pan. Sauté until fragrance is out.
3. Add tomatoes in, saute until tomatoes are soft and juice is released, then season with salt to taste.
4. Stir the corn starch mix really well, then add ½-1 tsp into the tomatoes, depends on how “saucy” the tomatoes are.
5. Add the scrambled eggs in. Don’t stir aggressively, but gently.
6. When 60% off the eggs are cooked, add the green part of the green onions in.
7. Continue to stir and cook until eggs are 80% cooked. Turn the heat off. The eggs will continue cooking with remaining heat. So when you serve the eggs, it will be completely cooked and perfectly soft!
Watch how I make this dish and all my “Pet-Bo”!!!
To subscribe my youtube channel @ChiaChia’sQueendom
If you like my blog, my video and my recipe, don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe! More fun and interesting content is coming! <3
*Pet-Bo means “Secret Tips” in Taiwanese!