Every country, every family has its own version of Cream of Corn soup. I came up with this recipe when I was a college student. It was so easy that I didn’t think it’s anything special. But everyone who’s tried it, loved it. That’s when I realized that sometimes yumminess doesn’t require hard work! This recipe is so simple that you don’t even need a measuring cup to make it. It’s one of my kids’ favorite comfort foods, so give it a try! I hope it also becomes a go-to recipe for your home as well!
Cream of Corn x 1 can
Milk x 1/2 can (Cream of Corn can)
Water x 1/2 can (Cream of Corn can)
Butter x 1 tbsp
Egg x 1
Corn Starch Mix (1tbsp of corn starch mix with 1tbsp of water)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Prepare a pot, and pour the cream of corn, milk, water and butter in to the pot.
- Turn up the heat and bring the soup to boil. Once boiled, turn the heat off right away. The soup can bubble up pretty fast and over flow, if you don’t turn the heat off.
- Season with some salt to taste.
- Turn the heat back up, and put in the Corn Starch Mix a little bit at a time. Make sure you bring the soup back to boil to see the real consistency of the soup. You may not need to use all the Corn Starch Mix. Turn the heat off once it has reached the consistency you like.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl for the egg drop.
- Turn the heat back up and bring the soup to boil. Once it’s boiled, turn the heat off again.
- Right away, create a fast spinning whirlpool in the pot. While continuing the whirlpool action, slowly pour in the egg. Keep the whirlpool spinning fast to create really fine and beautiful looking egg drop. Keep stirring until the egg is set.
- Add pepper to taste, and enjoy!